We are looking for a Collections & Accounts Manager to work closely with our suppliers/creditors (specifically our speakers) to take over the accurate and timely reporting of all commission reports and ensure that we are collecting monies due to us through commissions. You will be responsible for working collaboratively with speaker teams to ensure we have received all the required reports that we need, as well as following up and ensuring payments are being made. To be successful in this role, you should be analytical, have strong attention to detail, be able to produce and work with spreadsheets, and be great at building relationships with the speaker teams to ensure a collaborative and effective outcome to commission reporting and exchange of funds.
Collections & Account Manager Responsibilities:
- Building relationships with speaker finance teams
- Reporting sales and commissions
- Providing commission invoices to speaker teams
- Working closely with speaker teams to ensure we have detailed, accurate upsell offerings reports
- Working with speaker teams to have them invoice us for upsell offerings commissions
- Monthly reconciliation and summary reporting to speaker teams covering sales and upsell offerings commissions
- Follow up on commission payments, making sure that RSN payments are up to date, as well as speaker payments where monies are owed to RSN.
- Assist with any finance/commission-related queries from speaker teams
- Ensuring clarity and consistency with commission levels, contract terms, and payment terms with speaker teams
Collections & Account Manager Requirements:
- Ability and willingness to build relationships
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business management, or a similar field.
- Previous experience working in collections.
- Excellent negotiating skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of payment plans and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of office and accounting software.
- Patience and resilience.
- Strong spreadsheet skills (preferably Google Sheets)
- The ability to work accurately and independently
- Excellent analytical skills and an eye for detail
- Strong time and people management skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- The collaborative and solution-focused approach